Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dr.Alice Christie

Alice Christie
The changing face of literacy can be useful to me as a teacher because the old way of teaching is almost extinct. Going to the library for information is almost a thing of the past. Mrs.Christie points out how hard it is to find information in the library. She also talked about how the old way of the classroom is more teacher centered rather then student centered. Letting my teaching be more student based is the very thing necessary for my students.

The new way of teaching in relation to technology is what's happening. Mrs.Christie pointed out how our future is headed toward computers whether then a finite body of knowledge. Our job as educaters is to help them deal with ideals not just information. She talked about this in reference to the Paradigm Shift. Paradign Shift is based on decision making,risk taking,reading and writing opportunity just to name a few. One thing I have learned about technology, there is a grand opportunity to read and write. This is of great use for my field of education becasue my major is secondary Language Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment