Sunday, November 8, 2009

Toward A New Future Whatever: Michael Wesch

Michael Wesch
I really enjoyed the video from Michael Wesch. It was hilarious, especially the part when the totler bit his little big brother's finger. I was so amazed that Charlie's brother only said ouch Charlie. The video also had grear meaning. The fact that we are living in a narcissism generation. There are so many young people that are all about self. I see it all the time with my son. My son is a teenager. Sometimes he can be so selfish. I pray that this is only a phase. Sometimes he can be so materialistic. He only wants to wear expensive sneakers. My is also a teenager. She wants her nails done biweekly. And she also loves to shop. I see in my personal life dealing with my teenagers, we are still dealing with the whatever generation.

I love how Mr. Wesch ended his video when he said I care. That is my goal as a future educational and as a parent in my own home. It is to by example show that I care and to teach my students and my children to care just as much about others as they care for themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! I agree I see that we are still in the whatever generation and most teenagers want only designer items and the newest technology.

    ReplyDelete